• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

New Here!!

amandawlzr

Hi everyone,

My name is Amanda and I just signed up here. I am currently a student with pennfoster doing Billing and Coding (more like coding, I just found out they won't be teaching me billing)

With online schooling its harder because I am basically teaching myself and I'm just looking for a community to help me out, give tips and find some example questions to further and better myself!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Online can be harder if you don't have a coach - that is why all of our students get a coach <g>. But don't despair - we help all coding and billing students here!

You might want to consider purchasing the Blitz videos - they will fill in any missing areas in your current course and will score you an invite to our weekly student support calls on Thursday nights. Plus it comes with a free practice exam for the CPC exam.

Happy studying!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Glad to have you here Amanda

amandawlzr

Online can be harder if you don't have a coach - that is why all of our students get a coach <g>. But don't despair - we help all coding and billing students here!

You might want to consider purchasing the Blitz videos - they will fill in any missing areas in your current course and will score you an invite to our weekly student support calls on Thursday nights. Plus it comes with a free practice exam for the CPC exam.

Happy studying!
Thank you, I wish I had a coach lol. I am definitely interested in your Blitz Videos and will probably get them! I have a question, which is better the CPC or the CCS-P? or should I have both?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Amandawlzr, taking an online class is hard if you don't have a good instructor. I can speak from experience. I have just finish taking an online class last quarter at my school where I am taking both online and on campus classes. The instructor had no interest in working with the students -- for example, would not email back when a question is being raised about a topic. I am now taking another online class and the instructor is willing to work with the students.

amandawlzr

Amandawlzr, taking an online class is hard if you don't have a good instructor. I can speak from experience. I have just finish taking an online class last quarter at my school where I am taking both online and on campus classes. The instructor had no interest in working with the students -- for example, would not email back when a question is being raised about a topic. I am now taking another online class and the instructor is willing to work with the students.
That's what I am dealing with now and its frustrating. I'm not sure how I am going to be able to do this job when I graduate when I don't completely understand it and I should graduate in less than 3 months.... What program are you going through?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I am attending Stratford University and I am getting an Associates Degree in Medical Billing, Coding, and Insurance. My classes are both online and on campus. There is an externship at the end of my program so I will be getting that much needed experience and close to getting that "A" off my credential. I am due to graduate in June 2015.

amandawlzr

I am attending Stratford University and I am getting an Associates Degree in Medical Billing, Coding, and Insurance. My classes are both online and on campus. There is an externship at the end of my program so I will be getting that much needed experience and close to getting that "A" off my credential. I am due to graduate in June 2015.

I wish I had known about that school first. I looked it up and seems like a great program but costly :( which is why I went with Pennfoster because they have payment plans